Monday, September 19, 2011

Good thing I didn't delete this blog...

... because my other blog is having comment issues. Boo on Apple. My last post on my new blog was for Day 15: My Shoes. Here it is:



There are a few things I will never “grow out” of: Nirvana and Skinny Puppy, holey jeans, plaid, mid-century home decor, and these... my T.U.K. creepers.


Meet Frank. Yes, I had named them Frank (short for Frankenstein, as they reminded me of Frankenstein’s platform shoes. Actual origin story found here). At the time, it was next to impossible to find them in a store, so they are one of my first internet purchases. I bought these right out of high school, and they have been everywhere and done everything with me (same goes for my 20 eye Docs from the same era, but those are in storage so not photographable at the moment). I love creeper styling and it so embodied my style at the time... clean and a little dressed up compared to boots, but weird. Also, it didn’t hurt that they add a few inches to my 5’ 2” height.


I don’t wear Frank anymore because my feet have changed from pregnancy, and because I seriously need to lose some weight to pull them off. However, in recent years T.U.K. has come out with creeper style sneakers, and I will be picking up a pair of those sometime soon.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I would never think to take that photo at that angle. You have such a great eye.